The Preliminary stage consists of two papers.
Paper-I (GS, 150 Marks/Duration: 2 Hours)
The nature and standards of questions in this paper will be such that a well-educated person will be able to answer them without any specialized study. This paper may include questions based on topics relating to:-
- History of India and Indian Culture
- Geography of India
- Indian Polity
- Current National Issues and topics of Social relevance, India and the world
- Indian Economy
- International Affairs
- Institutions and development in the field of Science and Technology, Communications and Space.
Paper- II (LAW, 300 Marks/Duration : 2 Hours)
This Paper will include day to day happening around India and the world, particularly in legal spheres, Acts and Laws.
- Indian Constitution
- Transfer of Property Act
- Indian Penal Code
- Criminal Procedure code
- Indian Evidence Act
- Civil Procedure Code
- Law of Contract
- Current international Affairs
- International Organizations